Interested in lessons? I accept applications for students throughout the year, but that doesn't mean that I am the right fit for everyone.
Because of the high demand of students, I am trying out a more rigourous application process, as outlined below. Here is what you can do to get started:
[Steps 1–3 are to do before contacting me. Steps 4–7 will actually get you onto the waitlist, almost guaranteeing a slot next semester. Steps 8–9 can wait until you are actually officially part of the studio.]
- Read through the Studio Information and Policies. There’s a lot of info there, but at least familiarize yourself with the studio before deciding to join. (Recommended FAQ!)
- Complete the Policy Quiz to better process some key stuff.
- Fill out the New Student Questionnaire.
- Register for an account on the website. At this point, you will want to contact me so I can give you access to the Students section of the website.
- Read at least one book on the Bibliography page. (Bonus: if you submit a book report, you can get $50 off your first month's tuition.)
- Choose 1 of 2 (or mix & match): 1) Observe 2–3 recommended lessons. 2) Call 2–3 recommended student families to get their experience in the studio—their sense for what the studio is like and advice on how to make the most of your experience. (Ask me for recommendations. Once you have a student account on the website, you can also make use of the calendar and directory.)
- Fill out and submit the Slot Preference Survey to inform me of your availability.
- Receive a time slot and start date!
- Acquire any immediate necessities from the Items to Purchase.